Norway - A gorgeous sea cliff light show at Finnkirka powered by GRIVEN
Light plays a crucial role in these extremely northern territories, even, or especially, in winter, when the sun is only marginally over the horizon and north of the Arctic Circle it does not appear at all for several weeks. Yet the winter landscape of the Norwegian coast shines in fascinating colours in the twilight: the colour palette ranges from arctic blue and snow white to fiery yellow and soft mother of pearl. Basing on the natural interplay of light and shadow, an astonishing lighting concept was developed by the appointed lighting designer Kurt Hermansen, who wanted to revive the glowing shine of the northern lights and colours on these church-like cliffs, creating a very mystical atmosphere. “I wanted to enhance the existing environment with an emotional but at the same time very natural concept of light. To do so I needed a powerful, RGB plus White colour changer which could also be able to withstand the stormy weather of Norway. GRIVEN developed a “polar” de-icing version of the existing Powershine S in just a few weeks, so that my choice was obvious!” states Kurt Hermansen.
Specified by GRIVEN’s exclusive distributor for Norway, the company MULTITECHNIC AS, and installed by the local company ABUS Enterprenør AS, 27 IP66 Powershine S RGB+W units were provided with 4 different optics degrees - 6°, 10°, 24° and 37° in order to meet the demanding requirements of this project. Strategically located on the two main rocks of Finnkirka - the so called “Ytre and Indre” Finnkirka, which are about 300m far from each other- the Powershine S RGB+W units have successfully brought this dynamic lighting concept to life. A custom version of Powershine S RGB+W was expressly developed for this challenging project by GRIVEN’s engineers. An integrated de-icing system with electrically heated glass assures a comfortable functioning of these projectors in the utmost severe weather conditions. Mr. Bjorn Lund, Sales Manager of the Oslo based MULTITECHNIC AS - a leading supplier of technology and service to the professional architectural and entertainment light, sound and multimedia market - played a key role in this installation from the very beginning till the final testing. Once again a perfect blend of artistic flair and technical expertise allows the pleasure of enjoying a truly impressive experience.
Product specification: MULTITECHNIC AS
Installation: ABUS Enterprenør AS
Lighting Designer: Kurt Hermansen
Programmer: Lars Hermansen
For further info please contact: email@example.com www.multitechnic.no
Poland - Alight with rainbow coloursBuilt within a recent urban regeneration and environmental improvement programme...
Ireland - Dublin City University enlightened by a new experienceRecognized as centre of academic excellence in education and research, Dublin City...
Poland – A pleasant way to connect peopleOfficially opened to traffic last July, the longest extra-dosed bridge in Europe...
- News and EventsDates
- Italy - HOTEL DETAILS host GRIVEN LED fixtures2013-10-30
- France - Enlightening the Medieval darkness2013-07-25
- Andorra – Caldea: Sparkling emotions2013-01-29
- Poland - Night at the Museum2013-02-21
- France - L'Atoll of Angers: a green paradise on earth2013-03-15
- Romania - The colourful embrace of the “tree of life”2013-05-20
- Israel - Hod HaSharon Synagogue: tender is the night2013-06-26
- Russia – Tenishevs Cultural and Exhibition Center in Smolensk: Culture enhanced by colours2013-08-28
- France - From water tower to urban beacon: renovation through light2013-09-27
- Germany – Hi-tech pixel lighting for an open-air theatre2013-09-27
- Finland – Energy efficient LED fixtures to suit the Scandic’s environmental aims2013-10-30
- Latvia – Caran D’Ache Youth Recreational Center: Inspiring space2013-01-29