Norway - A gorgeous sea cliff light show at Finnkirka powered by GRIVEN
Light plays a crucial role in these extremely northern territories, even, or especially, in winter, when the sun is only marginally over the horizon and north of the Arctic Circle it does not appear at all for several weeks. Yet the winter landscape of the Norwegian coast shines in fascinating colours in the twilight: the colour palette ranges from arctic blue and snow white to fiery yellow and soft mother of pearl. Basing on the natural interplay of light and shadow, an astonishing lighting concept was developed by the appointed lighting designer Kurt Hermansen, who wanted to revive the glowing shine of the northern lights and colours on these church-like cliffs, creating a very mystical atmosphere. “I wanted to enhance the existing environment with an emotional but at the same time very natural concept of light. To do so I needed a powerful, RGB plus White colour changer which could also be able to withstand the stormy weather of Norway. GRIVEN developed a “polar” de-icing version of the existing Powershine S in just a few weeks, so that my choice was obvious!” states Kurt Hermansen.
Specified by GRIVEN’s exclusive distributor for Norway, the company MULTITECHNIC AS, and installed by the local company ABUS Enterprenør AS, 27 IP66 Powershine S RGB+W units were provided with 4 different optics degrees - 6°, 10°, 24° and 37° in order to meet the demanding requirements of this project. Strategically located on the two main rocks of Finnkirka - the so called “Ytre and Indre” Finnkirka, which are about 300m far from each other- the Powershine S RGB+W units have successfully brought this dynamic lighting concept to life. A custom version of Powershine S RGB+W was expressly developed for this challenging project by GRIVEN’s engineers. An integrated de-icing system with electrically heated glass assures a comfortable functioning of these projectors in the utmost severe weather conditions. Mr. Bjorn Lund, Sales Manager of the Oslo based MULTITECHNIC AS - a leading supplier of technology and service to the professional architectural and entertainment light, sound and multimedia market - played a key role in this installation from the very beginning till the final testing. Once again a perfect blend of artistic flair and technical expertise allows the pleasure of enjoying a truly impressive experience.
Product specification: MULTITECHNIC AS
Installation: ABUS Enterprenør AS
Lighting Designer: Kurt Hermansen
Programmer: Lars Hermansen
For further info please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org www.multitechnic.no
UAE - The Prime Tower won the Innovative Lighting Project of the YearOn the occasion of the
Romania – Lighting up the Sheraton Bucharest HotelWith the re-branding of the former Howard Johnson Grand Plaza Hotel,...
GRIVEN: 25 YEARS OF EXCELLENCEIn 1990, the Pederzani brothers Luigi, Silvio and Ernesto, founded GRIVEN S.r.l.,...
- News and EventsDates
- France - KIPSTADIUM: An experimental sport laboratory2015-03-30
- Qatar - The Sheraton Doha Hotel starts a new life2015-01-29
- Singapore - Welcome to the wonderful world of Sentosa2015-02-25
- RUSSIA- Last VEGAS2015-02-25
- Russia - Zelenograd Center for Culture and Leisure: illuminating culture2015-03-30
- Qatar – The thousand and one nights at Al Rafaa Wedding Hall Complex2015-04-24
- Qatar - Al Shyoukh Terminal: sailing towards happiness2015-04-29
- France – A dramatic lighting concept2015-09-30
- Australia - Celebrating Federation Square2015-07-27
- Australia - A luminous makeover for the Crown Casino Perth2015-06-26
- Azerbaijan - A crown of sparkling lights at Baku 2015 1st European Games2015-05-25
- Singapore – Lights at the Mosque2015-05-22
- Montenegro – Lighting up a beautiful marina bay2015-01-27