Norway - A gorgeous sea cliff light show at Finnkirka powered by GRIVEN
Light plays a crucial role in these extremely northern territories, even, or especially, in winter, when the sun is only marginally over the horizon and north of the Arctic Circle it does not appear at all for several weeks. Yet the winter landscape of the Norwegian coast shines in fascinating colours in the twilight: the colour palette ranges from arctic blue and snow white to fiery yellow and soft mother of pearl. Basing on the natural interplay of light and shadow, an astonishing lighting concept was developed by the appointed lighting designer Kurt Hermansen, who wanted to revive the glowing shine of the northern lights and colours on these church-like cliffs, creating a very mystical atmosphere. “I wanted to enhance the existing environment with an emotional but at the same time very natural concept of light. To do so I needed a powerful, RGB plus White colour changer which could also be able to withstand the stormy weather of Norway. GRIVEN developed a “polar” de-icing version of the existing Powershine S in just a few weeks, so that my choice was obvious!” states Kurt Hermansen.
Specified by GRIVEN’s exclusive distributor for Norway, the company MULTITECHNIC AS, and installed by the local company ABUS Enterprenør AS, 27 IP66 Powershine S RGB+W units were provided with 4 different optics degrees - 6°, 10°, 24° and 37° in order to meet the demanding requirements of this project. Strategically located on the two main rocks of Finnkirka - the so called “Ytre and Indre” Finnkirka, which are about 300m far from each other- the Powershine S RGB+W units have successfully brought this dynamic lighting concept to life. A custom version of Powershine S RGB+W was expressly developed for this challenging project by GRIVEN’s engineers. An integrated de-icing system with electrically heated glass assures a comfortable functioning of these projectors in the utmost severe weather conditions. Mr. Bjorn Lund, Sales Manager of the Oslo based MULTITECHNIC AS - a leading supplier of technology and service to the professional architectural and entertainment light, sound and multimedia market - played a key role in this installation from the very beginning till the final testing. Once again a perfect blend of artistic flair and technical expertise allows the pleasure of enjoying a truly impressive experience.
Product specification: MULTITECHNIC AS
Installation: ABUS Enterprenør AS
Lighting Designer: Kurt Hermansen
Programmer: Lars Hermansen
For further info please contact: email@example.com www.multitechnic.no
Russia - A new architectural lighting system at Neftyanik Cultural Centre, SurgutAbout the complex
Australia - Kurilpa Bridge Shines under a new lightProviding a pedestrian and cycle crossing over the Brisbane River in Brisbane,...
NordeonGroup international projectsAs part of the Nordeon Group, we would like to share with our readers international...
- News and EventsDates
- Italy - The Civic Tower of Citta' di Castello under a new light2016-04-27
- Lighting up the 2016 edition of Luminale2016-03-31
- Vietnam - Melia Hanoi under a new light2016-02-17
- Russia - Smart lights at the Novosibirsk State University2016-02-12
- Italy - A perfect blend of nature and architecture2016-01-27
- Georgia - Tbilisi TV Tower: Towering emotions2016-01-27
- RUSSIA - Lighting up the sky above Rockefeller Plaza2016-05-30
- Nordeon Group international projects2016-06-28
- Onyx fabulous PIA award winner!!!2016-06-28
- Russia: Lighting design at the Night of Museums 20162016-06-30
- One colourful night in Bernburg2016-03-31
- Iran - BAM looks better in the Darc Night2016-07-27
- New showroom at GRIVEN's premises2016-08-31
- Nordeon Group International projects2016-07-26
- Nordeon Group International projects2016-08-29