Norway - A gorgeous sea cliff light show at Finnkirka powered by GRIVEN
Light plays a crucial role in these extremely northern territories, even, or especially, in winter, when the sun is only marginally over the horizon and north of the Arctic Circle it does not appear at all for several weeks. Yet the winter landscape of the Norwegian coast shines in fascinating colours in the twilight: the colour palette ranges from arctic blue and snow white to fiery yellow and soft mother of pearl. Basing on the natural interplay of light and shadow, an astonishing lighting concept was developed by the appointed lighting designer Kurt Hermansen, who wanted to revive the glowing shine of the northern lights and colours on these church-like cliffs, creating a very mystical atmosphere. “I wanted to enhance the existing environment with an emotional but at the same time very natural concept of light. To do so I needed a powerful, RGB plus White colour changer which could also be able to withstand the stormy weather of Norway. GRIVEN developed a “polar” de-icing version of the existing Powershine S in just a few weeks, so that my choice was obvious!” states Kurt Hermansen.
Specified by GRIVEN’s exclusive distributor for Norway, the company MULTITECHNIC AS, and installed by the local company ABUS Enterprenør AS, 27 IP66 Powershine S RGB+W units were provided with 4 different optics degrees - 6°, 10°, 24° and 37° in order to meet the demanding requirements of this project. Strategically located on the two main rocks of Finnkirka - the so called “Ytre and Indre” Finnkirka, which are about 300m far from each other- the Powershine S RGB+W units have successfully brought this dynamic lighting concept to life. A custom version of Powershine S RGB+W was expressly developed for this challenging project by GRIVEN’s engineers. An integrated de-icing system with electrically heated glass assures a comfortable functioning of these projectors in the utmost severe weather conditions. Mr. Bjorn Lund, Sales Manager of the Oslo based MULTITECHNIC AS - a leading supplier of technology and service to the professional architectural and entertainment light, sound and multimedia market - played a key role in this installation from the very beginning till the final testing. Once again a perfect blend of artistic flair and technical expertise allows the pleasure of enjoying a truly impressive experience.
Product specification: MULTITECHNIC AS
Installation: ABUS Enterprenør AS
Lighting Designer: Kurt Hermansen
Programmer: Lars Hermansen
For further info please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org www.multitechnic.no
Another year full of success storiesOnce again, it's time to take stock as the year ends. Looking back at all the...
We are big in JapanSeasonal illumination has become a very popular attraction in Japan. It is...
Undertaking new challenges is our jobNormal 0 ...
- News and EventsDates
- France - Le phare de la Méditerranée deLIGHTfully shines on its own2014-03-28
- Russia – Hercules shows all its strength in Sochi2014-05-29
- Russia – A dramatic illumination concept2014-04-29
- Poland - TARGI KIELCE: towering above the rest2014-03-31
- Russia - Golden medal for GRIVEN at Sochi Olympic Games 20142014-02-25
- KSA - Taibah University Convention Center shines in warm white2014-02-25
- Poland - The bridge on the river Brda2014-01-28
- Russia - Belgorod TV tower awaken to light2014-01-27
- Italy - Colours in perfect harmony2014-06-24
- Russia - Novy Arbat, 36: A skyward lighting perspective2014-06-25
- USA - Fabulous L.A. LIVE2014-07-29
- Russia - The new landscape lighting for Alexander Gardens in Moscow2014-10-30
- Australia - Lighting up the Towers of Bolte Bridge2014-10-30
- Russia - Ferrein’s Pharmacy goes white2014-09-30
- Taiwan - National Taiwan Museum: a neo-classical masterpiece in Far East2014-09-30
- Australia - Adelaide Oval’s Rebirth2014-11-27
- Russia – Reaching for the top2014-08-28
- France - Les Murmures de Saint-Avit-Senieur: Whispering lights2014-08-28
- Mexico - Throbbing with new ENERGY2014-03-28
- Italy - Acerenza: A sustainable lighting renovation plan2014-07-30
- France – A decorative and functional lighting for Lencloitre multimedia center2014-05-29